NinjaMonitor watches your automated strategies so you don't have to.
Get alerts if your strategy crashed, or if you have a data problem.
- Define multiple email recipients
- Specify 'Known Problems' per strategies
- Automatically picks up session hours from NinjaTrader
- Log of every failure
- Export data from your strategy
- Sends a daily XLS report
- WebInterface to view status and report from Anywhere
- Android widget showing the status
We made NinjaMonitor to answer a very specific question : "Is everything running ?"
As experienced professional automated traders running our systems 24hrs a day, 5 days a week, we needed to ensure uptime and strategy efficiency.
NinjaMonitor allows us to trade rest assured that everything is running okay and to alert us if anything is not functioning as expected.
Here are some examples of things that we came across with our automated systems and how NinjaMonitor has made us aware of the issues that occured.
- Refused Order
- Cause: Insufficient funds, too many stop orders, invalid tick size, ...
- Effects: NinjaTrader disables a strategy after a refused order from broker, removing all your orders stored broker-side. You're now flying solo
- Solution: 1/ Activate the "mail alert message to" option in NinjaTrader. But be ready to receive lots of futile mails OR
2/ NinjaMonitor will warn you by mail that your strategy is off after the specified amount of missed bars
- Internet Connection Down
- Cause: ISP down, router crash, ...
- Effects: Your orders are kept broker-side; but without data, your strategy won't run and update those orders.
- Solution: 1/ Install a dual-Wan router to loadBalance your connection, should one fail, you'll have the other one 2/ Activate NinjaMonitor's webUpdate feature so our servers can warn you (Or the android widget)
- Computer Crash
- Cause: WindowsUpdate autoreboot, BSOD, power failure,
- Effects: Your orders are kept broker-side; but neither NinjaTrader or NinjaMonitor is running .
- Solution: 1/ Install a UPS, disable windowsUpdate, use highquality components for your PC. 2/ Activate NinjaMonitor's webUpdate feature so our servers can warn you (Or the android widget)
- Interactive Brokers
- Cause: InteractiveBrokers' TWS automatically closes at a specified time
- Effects: Stops and disables all your strategies. Orders are kept broker-side
- Solution: 1/ Change the autoClose time from AM to PM and vice-versa every 12hours
2/ If you ever forget, NinjaMonitor will warn you if your strategies aren't running during X bars
- Strategy Crash
- Cause: Unhandled Exception, Uncatchable Runtime Exception, ...
- Effects: NinjaTrader stops running the strategy. It doesn't say it's disabled.
- Solution: NinjaMonitor will warn you the strategy is off after the specified amount of missed bars